Nsabimana Callixte alias Sankara who was arrested last month by the Rwanda Investigation Bureau (RIB) has on Friday been paraded before the media.
The RIB spokesperson Modeste Mbabazi told journalists that Sanakra’s file will be sent to prosecution latest today.
“Let anyone who wants to destabilize the peace that is enjoyed by Rwandans know that where you may be, you will be brought to book,” said Mbabazi.
He also said authorities will at a later stage allow families to visit Sankara where he is being detained.
In a statement April 30, the bureau said they had “detained NSABIMANA Callixte, while processing his criminal case file. Nsabimana has been wanted over several offences committed on Rwandan territory.”
The offences, according to RIB, include: Formation of an irregular armed group; Complicity in committing terrorist acts; Conspiracy and incitement to commit terrorist acts; Taking persons hostage; Murder; and Looting.
According toktpress.rw, RIB decided to show Sankara to the media because, the the general public was asking to see the man who claimed to “have captured the Northern part of Nyungwe National Park”.
The suspect’s lawyer Nkundabarashe Moise told the media that his client is doing well and being taken good care of.
“We have talked for two hours today to discuss about the case and he is doing well,” said lawyer Moise.