Vipers Sports Club head coach Jorge Miguel Da Costa, goalkeeper James Alitho and Club CEO Peter Lwanga have all been penalized by the FUFA Disciplinary Committee Panel for improper behavior.
The committee has ruled that all the aforementioned be brought to book for misconduct showed as Vipers SC played BUL FC in Jinja.
“The FUFA Competitions Disciplinary Panel (CDP) received a petition from the Azam Uganda Premier League secretariat regarding the failure of Vipers SC failing to produce players license, player shirt No. 25 James Alitho of vipers SC abusing a match official, Vipers SC CEO Lwanga Peter and Vipers head coach Jorge Da Costa both confronting and attacking the match officials.” Reads the statement.
The statement also cites that Vipers SC failed to present players licenses which are mandatory before kickoff but however note that the Club reported the case to Police.
According to Article 26, 4(a) If a club realize that the players licenses are missing, they should report the case to the nearest Police four hours to kick off.
Basing on both reports from the Centre referee and the match assessor;
1. Vipers SC failed to produce the licenses during the said match for inspection as per article 26 of FUFA Competitions rules 2017/18.
2. Player shirt No. 25 Alitho James of Vipers SC insulted and abused the 1st assistant, Okello Lee.
3. Vipers SC CEO, Peter Lwanga confronted, threatened and attacked the match referee
4. Vipers SC Head Coach Jorge Da Costa confronted and attacked the Centre referee.
1. According to the FUFA Competitions rules 2017/18, Article 26.4(i) Vipers SC reported the case of loss of licenses to police and presented the matter to the TOC and the result of 0-0 stands.
2. Player shirt No. 25 Alitho James of Vipers SC is banned for four competition matches for unsporting conduct towards a match official as per article 30.8 (iii) of the FUFA Competitions rules 2017/18
3. Mr Jorge Da Costa, the coach of Vipers SC is suspended for four competition matches for unsporting behavior towards a match official as per Article 30.S (iii) of the FUFA competition rules 2017/18 for violating article 30.2 of FUFA Competitions rules.
4. Mr Lwanga Peter the Vipers SC CEO is fined 1,000,000 (One Million shillings) for violating article 30.2 of FUFA Competitions rules 2017118.
Do you have a story in your community or an opinion to share with us: Email us at email@example.com