The Royal Ascot Goat Races will be happening this Saturday October 12, 2019 at Speke Resort Munyonyo.
Tickets are already available at Speke Resort Munyonyo, Kabira Country Club and Speke Apartments for early birds, who don’t want to be told tickets are sold out.
Ruparelia Group managing director, Rajiv Ruparelia recently said, “The Goat Races are more than just another event in Uganda, it’s a place where people can come and network and mix along with business, pleasure and have a fun humorous time with good food and drinks all day long.”
Here are the five things to know about this event:
1. The goat races entail eight races over the course of the day, each race featuring eight goats.
2. Any person can sponsor a race for anything between Shs6m and Shs10m, or buy a goat to participate in a race for between Shs500, 000 and Shs1m.
3. Tickets to the races go for Shs50, 000, with early bird offers at Shs30, 000. VIP, which entitles you access to the owners’ hospitality tent costs Shs350, 000 for early Bird and Shs400, 000 at the gate.
4. The proceeds from the event will be used for a social cause;—to set up standard public toilets aimed at improving sanitation in Kampala suburbs.
5. There some amazing accommodation offers for those who would like to spend a night at the Speke Resort Hotel after the event. A deluxr room for two general entry tickets will go for USD149 whereas Executive Suite for two VIP entry tickets for adults will go for USD400 among other offers.
Do you have a story in your community or an opinion to share with us: Email us at email@example.com