By Watchdog reporter
Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) has released a list of top tax paying Educational institutions in the country, showing universities and international schools as paying more taxes than any school in Uganda.
Not surprising is the fact that Makerere University is the biggest tax payer. However, the surprise is on Kampala International School Uganda (KISU), an international school owned by Uganda’s richest man Sudhir Ruparelia, turns out to be the second tax paying institutions in Uganda’s education sector.
Kisu, located in Bukoto, is an elite school, educating children of Uganda’s top middle class and the top flight.
KISU beat Kyambogo University and Uganda Christian University (UCU) who came third and fourth respectively on the list.
Below is the list of the top tax paying institutions:
• Makerere University
• Kampala International School Uganda
• Kyambogo University
• Uganda Christian University
• Rainbow International School  Ltd
• Cavendish University Uganda Ltd
• Gems Education Uganda Ltd
• Uganda Management Institute
• International School of Uganda
• Islamic University in Uganda
• Greenhill Holdings Ltd
• Makerere University Business School
• Mbarara University of Science and Technology
• Nkumba University
• Uganda Management Institute and Ambrossoli Ltd.
• Agakhan Education Services Uganda Ltd
• Law Development Centre
• National Curriculum Development Council
• Bishop Stuart University Mbarara Uganda Ltd.
Have something to add to this article? Send to firstname.lastname@example.org or whatsapp up us +256752545880
Do you have a story in your community or an opinion to share with us: Email us at email@example.com