By Watchdog reporter
The king of the embattled Rwenzururu kingdom Charles Wesley Mumbere has made a mini cabinet restructuring revitalize the Operations of the of the kingdom.
He has appointed a Prime Ministerial Commission to run the office of the Prime Minister. Below are it’s members.
- Rt. Hon. Mbayahi Gad – Commission Chairman
- Rt. Hon. Edwin Kugonza – Commission Vice Chairman
- Rt. Hon. Baluku Stanley Kanzenze – Commission secretary
- Rt. Hon. Misairi Mukwenda – Commission member
Omusinga also made transfers and appointed a team of 11 Ministers and Two deputy Ministers from the previously very big cabinet to a small team. Below are the names and their portfolios.
- Hon. Alfred K Makasi. -Minister for Justice, Constitutional Affairs & Attorney General of OBR
- Hon. Clarence Bwambale Mumbahya – Minister of Information, Public Relations & Spokesperson
- Hon. Milton Kalyata – Minister of Finance, Planning & Economic Development
- Hon. Sarah Ithungu Baleke – Deputy Minister of Finance, Planning & Economic Development
- Hon. Yokasi Bihandi Bwambale – Minister for Land and Production
- Hon. Florence Kabugho – Minister for Royal Protocol & Palace Affairs
- Hon. Amos Mugisa – Minister for Security and Royal Transport.
- Hon. Moses Kibalirwandi – Minister for Education & Sports
- Hon. Eri Nyakango – Minister for Culture, Tourism & Native Administration
- Hon. Lucy Biira Kabanyoro – Minister for Gender, Youth & Community Development.
Hon. Naume Mbambu – Deputy Minister of Gender, Youth & Community Development
- Hon. Eng. Wilfred Matsande – Minister of Works & Construction.
- Hon. Mathina Bwambale – Minister of Regional Affairs & External Relations.
Omusinga Irema – Ngoma’s Office
Hon. David Nguru Bradford – Omusinga’s Personal Assistant
House of Representatives
- Rt. Hon Enock Muhindo – Speaker
- Dr. John Baluku – Deputy Speaker
- Mr. Joram Kisembo – Clerk
As mandated by the OBR Cultural institution Constitution, King Mumbere also appointed a Privy council Team constituted as below.
Rt. Hon. Costa Bwambale
Dr. Walemba Nathaniel Mumbere
Dr. Maate Rogers
Dr. Arthur Syahuka Muhindo
Rt. Hon. Loice Biira Bwambale
Rt. Hon. Yeremia Mutooro
Hon. Aprunali Kithende Kalibogha
Hon. Yohosephat Kuule School Band
These were added to the mandatory Royal family members who are automatic on this committee of the Privy council.
OBR Thuhimbe Development Board which was commissioned on 19th October 2016 will continue it’s operations and will be reporting to the Prime Ministerial commission.
Omusinga looks forward to the new team helping in restructuring and strengthening the administration and service delivery of Obusinga Bwa Rwenzururu to the people, restore and strengthen the cordial relationship between the cultural institution, central government and other stakeholders for a development agenda.
Mumbere is currently out of prison on bail after being charged with murder, terrorism, aggravated robbery among others during the Kasese clashes incident last year in November.
Have something to add to this article? Send to email@example.com or whatsapp up us +256752545880
Do you have a story in your community or an opinion to share with us: Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org