Deputy Director, Office for Corporate Communication (OCC)
Summary of Duties and Functions
Under the policy guidance and the general supervision of the Director, the Deputy Director of the Office for Corporate Communication (OCC) will provide support on the strategic vision and management of all activities of the Office. In particular, the incumbent will support the Director in:
- leading the Organization’s internal and external communication efforts;
- coordinating and supervising the communication activities of the Organization, including media relations, social media, audiovisual productions, outreach and promotion, corporate web presence, publishing, and library and knowledge services;
- effective and efficient management of OCC, including planning, monitoring, quality control and reporting;
- working collaboratively with Senior managers and staff at all levels across the Organization, at Headquarters and in Decentralized Offices, to ensure formulation and diffusion of relevant and consistent corporate communications;
- building strong professional relations in the area of communication with the Organization’s partners, including other United Nations’ institutions; and
- maintaining a motivated and effective work force by ensuring recruitment of highly qualified staff, by mentoring, coaching and supporting career development of staff, and by implementing effective approaches for performance management.
- Advanced university degree or equivalent post-graduate professional development in communications, journalism or related area.
- Demonstrated professional skills and competence in the area of communication and public information, including a profound knowledge and understanding of the techniques and channels of international communication.
- Relevant international experience in communications and outreach in the UN system or similar context.
- Demonstrated political judgement in an international environment.
- Proven negotiation skills, maturity, tact and diplomacy. ? Demonstrated management and strategic leadership skills.
- Working knowledge of either English, or French or Spanish and limited knowledge of any of the other two or Arabic, or Chinese or Russian.
- Ability to lead and work effectively with a diverse team of people of different national and cultural backgrounds in an international setting.
Results focus: Takes accountability for the delivery of agreed results in service of FAO’s strategic framework
Leading, engaging and empowering others: Coordinates, directs, facilitates and recognizes team efforts; creates an enabling environment and assists others to realize and develop their potential
Communication: Encourages and contributes to clear and open communication
Partnering and Advocating: Promotes ideas and develops partnerships to advance the Organization’s work
Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement: Continually seeks to improve the knowledge, skills and work processes of oneself and others
Strategic thinking: Makes informed and coherent decisions aligned with broader goals and strategies.
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for all and Integrity and Transparency.
FAO adheres to the UN common system of salaries, allowances and benefits. General information regarding salaries and allowances can be found at the International Civil Service Commission Web site:http://www.un.org/Depts/OHRM/salaries_allowances/salary.htm
How to Apply
To apply, visit the iRecruitment website athttp://www.fao.org/employment/irecruitment-access/en/ and complete the on-line application. Only applications received through iRecruitment will be considered. Vacancies will be removed from iRecruitment at 23:59 Central European Time (CET) on the deadline for applications date. We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
If you need help, or have queries, please contact:iRecruitment@fao.org
For marriage, family, love, job/promotion. Goodluck in your business/lottery, court cases, diseases and other Spells kindly call Kiwanga Doctors on +254 769404965 or CLICK HERE
Do you have a story in your community or an opinion to share with us: Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org