Our reader Ochen Boniface on why Kiswahili language is best bet for Uganda:
Much as l do appreciate whatever you came out with, l would like add on my voice that;-
1. Through your idea of Kiswahili being the language of robbers and unruly soldiers, if the nation decided to adopt eg. Luganda, what method do you think, will be used to make, the about sixty percent of the entire population know how to speak Luganda within a short periods of time.
2. I believe, English is spoken in Kenya and Tanzania like in Uganda. Right now, our leaders are looking at East Africa integration, don’t you think, it’s the best way forward?
3. I believe, either Luo, Luganda or Lunya-kitara is not spoken in the entire Uganda, how then can either of them be used as we are going East Africa integration?
4. People speak English, not that they want, but it a colonial setting. I believe, a good percent of people from North, East and West, who have never been to Central where Luganda is moderately spoken, l beg our president, if disagreement is there on tribal sentiment, then, referendum is put in place for the way forward.
5. Finally, we had been conducting workshops in places like Rukungiri etc, when we request for the language to be used, on suggesting Luganda, surprising, the entire natives don’t know, apart from those who had been in central. Therefore, to me, let Kiswahili stands.
I don’t think in Tanzania or Kenya where Kiswahili is the national language, there is no thuggery or harassment from the military. Thanks.
Mr Ochen Boniface can be reached on his email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For marriage, family, love, job/promotion. Goodluck in your business/lottery, court cases, diseases and other Spells kindly call Kiwanga Doctors on +254 769404965 or CLICK HERE
Do you have a story in your community or an opinion to share with us: Email us at email@example.com