The Uganda Premier League secretariat has made adjustments to its fixture schedule. The readjustments come about due to the on-going African Cup of Nations engagements – both the Uganda Cranes and the U-23 side Kobs – with some teams availing their players for national duty.
Earlier on, the game between Police FC and URA FC last Wednesday was re-scheduled since the tax collectors had more than three players unavailable because of national duty.
Under Article 19 of the UPL regulations, a league game can be postponed if a club has three or more players who are involved with the national teams.
Uganda Cranes will play an international friendly match against Nigeria on Tuesday, November 20. On the same day, Kobs take on South Sudan in an U23 Afcon qualifiers return leg match in Juba. The Kobs lead won the first leg 1-0 in Kampala.
“Accordingly, the fixtures for all Clubs that have three or more players on national duty have been rescheduled as indicated below and in accordance with article 19 (26) of FUFA Competitions Rules (If a club has three (3) or more players in the national team, the fixtures involving such a club may be called off three (3) days before and three(3) days after the national team engagement if it is to be played in Uganda and may be called off three(3) days before departure and three (3) days after return from an engagement outside Uganda),” reads part of a statement signed by UPL chief executive officer Gerrard Bainamani Bampiire.
- Match #57 URA FC Vs Police FC has been rescheduled to Saturday, November 24 Mandela National Stadium-Namboole 4:00pm.
- Match #61 KCCA FC Vs Nyamityobora FC has been moved from Tuesday November 20 to Sunday November 25, StarTimes Stadium-Lugogo 4:00pm.
- Match #63 Vipers SC Vs Paidha Black Angles SC has been moved from Wednesday November 21 to Friday November 23, St. Mary’s Stadium- Kitende 4:00pm.
Relatedly, CAF Champions League and Confederation Cup Fixtures were released on November 9, 2018 and they involve Vipers FC (27th-28th Nov & 4th-5th Dec 2018) and KCCA FC (14th-16th Dec 2018).
Accordingly, their SUPL fixtures have been adjusted as below;
- M#65 BUL FC Vs Vipers SC that was to be played on Friday November 30 has been postponed (A new date to be communicated later)
- M# 73 Vipers SC Vs Police FC has been moved from Wednesday December 5 to Sunday December 9.
- M#96 KCCA FC Vs Paidha Black Angels SC that was to be played on Saturday December 15 has been postponed (A new date to be communicated later).
Do you have a story in your community or an opinion to share with us: Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org