President Yoweri Museveni on Thursday gifted retiring Uganda Cranes captain Dennis Onyango with a brand new Mitsubishi pajero sport for his enormous services to Uganda.
President Museveni, who was together with the First Lady and Minister of Education and Sports Mrs. Janet Kataaha Museveni handed over the car to Onyango at State House Entebbe while bidding farewell to the ex-Cranes goalkeeper.
Museveni thanked Onyango and the sports fraternity for bringing Uganda’s name on the world sports map.
“We thank you sports people. Though Government has not been supporting you fully, we support you indirectly through immunization, UPE, peace and security, which enables the development of your talents,” he said.
“I congratulate Onyango for what he has done. We shall get time in the new government and decide on this export scheme whether it is good or bad. What can we do to keep our sportsmen here.”
One of the greatest goalkeepers Uganda Cranes has had, Onyango, retired from international football last month after Uganda failed to make it to their third straight African Cup of Nations.
Here is what you need to know about Onyango’s car gift:
1. Pajero Sport is a striking fusion of contemporary design, cutting-edge technology and genuine four wheel drive capability, with an enviable off-road heritage. A luxury 4WD that is as comfortable off road as it is prowling the urban jungle, Pajero Sport embodies style and substance in one sleek, purposeful package.
2.Experience surefooted performance in any conditions with Pajero Sport’s Super Select II 4WD system. This advanced system lets you switch between 2WD and 4WD modes at up to 100kmh, so you can adapt to changing road conditions on the fly. Super Select has four modes to handle everything from smooth city lanes to hazardous conditions and extreme terrain with minimal grip levels, all controlled with a single switch on the centre console.
3. Off the bitumen, you can select any of three Off Road Modes: Gravel, Mud/Snow and Rock. Each mode ensures maximum traction by optimising power delivery from the engine, transmission settings and the braking system. GLS and Exceed models feature a rear differential lock for exceptional traction in low-grip environments.
4.Pajero Sport has the performance to match its athletic looks, with a punchy 2.4-litre turbocharged engine that delivers agile acceleration and heavy hauling ability, while being frugal with fuel. Mitsubishi’s advanced MIVEC DiD turbo diesel engine makes 133kW of power and a muscular 430Nm of torque, and sips just 8 litres per 100kmC5. This pulling power means Pajero Sport has a 3100kg braked towing capacityPS#.
6. Pajero Sport’s 8 speed automatic transmission is robust and sophisticated. Its wide range of gear ratios delivers sparkling acceleration and smooth shifting, with enhanced fuel efficiency at highway cruising speeds. Pajero Sport also features Hill Descent Control (HDC), Hill Start Assist (HSA) and for added safety when towing, Trailer Stability Assist (TSA)K22.
7. Pajero Sport Exceed gives you control and oversight of your vehicle through your smartphone. The remote control app connects via Bluetooth® and allows you to: Operate tailgate, Set tailgate to automatically open as you approach or close when you leave, Check vehicle status including whether doors and windows are open among other features.
8. Pajero Sport has ample space for whatever your day brings. With generous head and leg room for every occupant, the cabin’s versatile storage options create abundant room for workdays and weekends alike.
9.Pajero Sport’s striking design combines sophisticated aesthetics with a muscular stance that makes it clear it is a potent performer on any road. With sleek lines from its distinctive chrome grille to its dramatic tail, Pajero Sport has an unmistakable presence that exudes confidence and capability.
Do you have a story in your community or an opinion to share with us: Email us at email@example.com