Many parents have been complaining about the skyrocketing school fees in the country.
Over the years, schools (nursery, primary and secondary) have made it a tendency to increase fees each term.
This move has always been condemned by a good number of Ugandans and in early 2018 government passed a directive ordering schools to halt the action. However, despite the numerous warnings, some schools have continued to do as they please.
Consequently, most top schools in the country like Nabisunsa Girls, King’s College Budo, St Mary’s College Kisubi (SMACK) among others charge fees in excess of Shs1 million.
For example students at Bweranyangi Girls Secondary School pay Shs1,200,000, an amount that can cater for about 17 students at Nawanmdala SS in Iganga (each student pays Shs67,000 per term).
Nevertheless, the good news is that there still some compassionate schools that feel for the low earning Ugandans.
Here are some of the cheapest secondary schools in Uganda;
- Bagezza Seed SS – Shs25,800 (Day), Shs100,000 (Boarding)
- Kasawo Senior SS Shs80,000
- Bulucheke SSS Bududa – Shs50,000
- Lira Palwo SS – Shs25,000
- Waitambogwe SS – Shs50,000
- Masaba College Busia – Shs50,000
- Kyabugashe HS – Shs90,000
- Kitenga Sec. Sch – Shs40,000
- St Peter’s Namwendwas – Shs45,000
- Nawanmdala SS Iganga – Shs 67,000
- Rugyeyo SS, Kanungu – Shs90,000
- St. Gerald SS, Nyakibale Shs55,000
- Katuine SS-Soroti – Shs60,000
Do you have a story in your community or an opinion to share with us: Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org