By Watchdog reporter
A total of 17 police spokespersons at regional level have been transferred and redeployed, in another reshuffle hardly a day after a shake up among top commanders of the force took place.
Police sources say the communication plan, part of a reorganized Police Press and Public Relations Department, was conceived by the late AIGP Andrew Felix Kaweesi.
Kaweesi wanted to have liaison officers attached to all police departments and directorates.
Four regional spokespersons have been transferred to the police headquarters to act as liaison officers for different directorates. They are Vincent Sekatte, Samson Lubega, Sophie Naggayi Kaggwa, and Evas Ainomugisha.
Sekatte will be liaison officer for Interpol, Peace and support, Criminal investigations and Crime Intelligence; Samson Lubega is the liaison officer for the Directorate of Human Resource Administration, Human Resource Development, Operations and Field Force Police; Sophie Naggayi Kaggwa is moving to the Directorate of ICT, Legal Services, Special Duties and Forensic Services and Evas Ainomugisha is in charge of the Directorate of Welfare, Anti Stock Theft Unit and Oil & Gas communications.
Charles Sembabulidde becomes a public relations officer for the Traffic and Road safety on top of his role as the Traffic Law Enforcement Officer.
Lameck Kigozi who has been in Ssezibwa moves to Greater Masaka region as PRO. Hellen Butoto, a cadet Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP) will replace Kigozi in Ssezibwa as PRO while Diana Nandawula moves to Kiira as PRO from Greater Masaka.
- Paul Kangavve from Kampala Metropolitan Police to Savannah
- Suwedi Manshur from Rwenzori East to Elgon region
- Julius Hakiza from Albertine region to Rwizi
- Cadet ASP Samson Kasasira from Nakaseke to Albertine region.
- Rita Naggadya is PRO in the Counter Terrorism Directorate
- Cadet ASP Luke Owoyesigire from Yumbe moves to Greater Bushenyi
- Cadet ASP Rogers Taitika moves from Kanungu to Sipi region
- Cadet ASP Mary Nankinga moves from Jinja Central Police Station to police Press and Public Relations as in charge Website.
Do you have a story in your community or an opinion to share with us: Email us at email@example.com