Information and communication technology state minister, Idah Erios Nantaba has sought indefinite leave to Canada, according to reliable sources.
Nantaba, 39, left for Canada on August 17 2019 and there are concerns she might take a while before returning home.
Reliable sources say the Kayunga woman legislator, has spent five months seeking audience with President Museveni and failed. Nantaba, according to our sources, has serious threats on her life which she has tried to raise but treated with disdain.
Nantaba who has been restricted on leaving her home since the death of Ronald Ssebulime, the man she accused of attempting to assassinate her on March 24, 2019 on Kayunga road, had been blocked by the deceased’s family lawyer Mawanda Nkunyingi in the Mukono court before Magistrate Juliet Hatanga denied their request.
We’re told that Nantaba is very stressed and feels unsafe in Uganda.
Her case was raised in Parliament by Ronald Mugume, Rukungiri municipality MP last Thursday. Mugume asked the prime minister Ruhakana Rugunda whether reports that the ICT junior minister Nantaba had left the country were true.
PM Rugunda however asserted that Nantaba sought official leave and was to return home as soon as possible.
Nantaba has equally told friends that she is resting from Uganda stress but will come back at an appropriate time.
On top of accusations that Nantaba masterminded the death of Ssebulime, the minister has been targeted since she was in the lands ministry where she battled land grabbers whom she left with court battles and numerous salary deductions.
Nantaba believes land grabbers in Kayunga are still after her life.
Do you have a story in your community or an opinion to share with us: Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org