Government recently blacklisted 32 companies from conducting businesses over forged documents.
Their suspensions follows recommendations from both the local and central government over faked documents on different bids, especially in Ministry of Works.
According to Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Asset Authority (PPDA) acting Executive Director Benson Turamya, the blacklisted companies are suspended for a period between two to three years. Government entities can only deal with them in respect to their existing contracts placed prior to the suspension.
It is noted that forging documents among companies dealing with both local and central government has become now a common vice.
In 2016, 28 companies were suspended while 80 companies were banned in 2017 by PPDA for forging tax clearance and inappropriate presentation of procurement facts, in 2018 over 31 companies were also suspended over the same issue.
Most of the affected companies deal in construction.
- Elgon Interiors and Consultancy Co. Ltd. Silent
- Isolux Ingenieria SA.
- Emmy Ways Engineering Construction Ltd.
- Power and Water Products Limited.
- Amach Producers and Marketing Co-operative Society.
- Ambrose Construction Company Limited.
- Millennium Agencies Limited.
- IIodo Holdings Limited.
- Ox Foundation Limited.
- Restore Green Cover Uganda Limited.
- Jamara Company Limited.
- Batania Investment Limited.
- AKA Construction (U) Ltd.
- Asuret Contractors & General Supplies (U) Ltd
- Geobot Water Engineering Services Ltd.
- Universal for General Construction and Trading Company Limited.
- Engineering Trade Links Limited.
- Top Brand Limited.
- Black and Veach Civil Engineering Limited.
- Anyila Enterprises
- Odamah & Brothers (U) Limited.
- Megna Construction Limited.
- Lero Industries
- Eastern Auto Parts Ltd.
- Acra Holdings (U) Ltd.
- Kioga General Enterprises Limited.
- Gudul Investment Limited.
- Angelique International Limited.
- Mamelih Investments Limited.
- Agaya Investments Limited.
- Acako-Acaka Technical Company.
- Arua-Kubala Park Operators and Market Vendors Cooperative Society Ltd
Do you have a story in your community or an opinion to share with us: Email us at email@example.com