By our reporter
President Museveni has promoted and promised to retire several Generals a day after firing two top Generals; Kale Kayihura and Henry Tumukunde.
In the Monday promotions, Museveni promoted controversial Kasirye Gwanga from Brigadier to Major General ahead of his retirement this year.
Over 1300 soldiers have also been promoted.
Below is the statement:
H.E. Gen. Yoweri Kaguta Museveni the President of the Republic of Uganda and Commander in Chief of the UPDF on recommendation of the Commissions Board on 3rd March 2018 approved the promotion to different ranks of 1384 officers and militants to various ranks.
The most senior are:
1. Brig Kasirye Gwanga to Maj Gen. (to retire 2018)
2. Brig Rwabantu to Maj Gen (Deputy General officer Commanding Reserves)
3. Col Charles Wacha to Brig (Director Human Rights )
4. Col Charles Byanyima to Brig (Commander Motorised Infantry Brigade)
5. Col Henry Isoke to Brig (Deputy CMI)
6. Col James Nambale to Brig (Adjutant General Headquarters )
7. Col Kagoro Asingura to Brig (Ministry of Defence and Veteran Affairs Legal Officer)
Do you have a story in your community or an opinion to share with us: Email us at email@example.com