By our reporter
Bank of Uganda lawyers, AF Mpanga and MMAKS Advocates have leaked a confidential list of top depositors of former Crane Bank.
The list was recently submitted to the Commercial Court as evidence in the Crane bank saga where city businessman and former owner of the bank Sudhir Ruparelia is accused by the Central Bank of siphoning over shs400 billion from the defunct banking institution.
The lawyers filed a list as part of evidence against Sudhir and others vide civil suit No: 493 of 2017.
However, some clients on the list are not taking ‘breach’ lightly and are threatening to sue BoU and its lawyers for this anomaly.
Last year, Crane Bank was put under receivership by the Central bank claiming that it had become insolvent and didn’t have enough capital investment to continue conducting business. Later, it was sold to DFCU Bank.
Here is a list of some of the leaked accounts:
- National Social Security Fund: NSSF had 13 accounts in Crane Bank having at least Shs85Bn in deposits.
- Uganda Wildlife Authority (UWA) had Shs6,417,197,766 on account 1002013520000556
- Manir Ahmed & Shahida B Arain had 4,420,000,000 on account No.1036013510000279
- ECO Fuel Africa Foundation had Shs3,475,863,504 on account No.1021013520000027
- John Katto had Shs3,365,000,000 on account No.1002013510003589
- Hydrey Forex Bureau LTD Willi had 3,000,000,000 on account No.1002013520000478
- Pride Microfinance LTD had Shs2,250,000,000 on account No.10020135220000452
- James Rwanyarare had Shs2,200,000,000 on account No. 1009013510000466
- National Water and Sewerage Corp. had Shs2,183,297,447 on account No.10020161500000216
- BV Ruparelia had Shs2,221,142,181 on account No.1002013510002263
- Ateenyi Barugahara had Shs2,0000,000,000 on account No.1002013510002726
- Kamishani Eunice had Shs2,000,000,000 on account No.1002013510003724
- Prudential Assurance Uganda Limited had Shs1,930,266,600 on account No.1002013520000490
- Ateenyi Barugahara had Shs1,862,000,000 on account No.10022013510003076
- Vinay Ruparelia had USD550,589 on account No.100202351004307
- Rwambuya John had USD550,512 on account No.10020223510004063
- Damanico Properties LTD had Shs1,800,000,000 on account No. 1002013520000543
- Doshi M Rasikal, Shairoz had MD USD525,000
- Medallion Engineering had USD 500,000
- Mutabaazi Francis had USD500,000
- Manzoor Ahmed Arain had Shs1,700,346,596
- Medallion Engineering LTD had USD500,000
- Goldstar Insurance COLTDPRE had Shs1,086,515,310
- Doshi Tushar Raskilal, Mitesh had USD500,000
- Medallion Engineering Limited had Shs1,500,000,000
- Kampala Diocese Micro Scheme had Shs1,151,548,218
- Doshi M Rasikal, Shairoz MD had USD315,300
- Mutabazi Francis had Shs1,610,370,000
- National Water and Sewerage Corporation had Shs1,482,781,784,
- Mutabaazi Francis had Shs1,000,000,000
- Ben Kavuya, Barbra Kavuya had Shs3,000,000,000 on 5 accounts.
- Rutungu Investments Limited had Shs2,000,000 on different accounts
- Kirumira Godfrey had Shs500,000,000
- Ateenyi Barugahara had Shs500,000,000
Do you have a story in your community or an opinion to share with us: Email us at email@example.com