By our reporter
A parent from Nakaseke District has sued UMEME over negligence which led to the death of her eight year old daughter.
According to the Independent, on August 7,2017 an electricity pole fell down in Nakaseke –saaza, Lufula zone , Nakaseke town council and the matter was reported to responsible officers from UMEME, but the fallen wires were left unattended it yet they were active with power.
Through her lawyers Nakagga and Company Advocates, Mirina Nabaka says on the next day August 08, 2017 as her daughter Ruth Nakabuye aged 8 years went to the plantation to pick green vegetables, she was electrocuted by the said electricity wires, which were lying in the plantation and she died instantly.
Now, the disgruntled parent wants UMEME to pay shs700 million as a compensation for the loss of her daughter.
Nabaka contends that UMEME’s negligent acts of failing to remove the broken pole caused the death of her daughter, and therefore UMEME should be held liable for its actions.
Apparently, the largest electricity distributor in the country has been given 15 days to file defence.
Do you have a story in your community or an opinion to share with us: Email us at email@example.com