By Moses Ntare
Fire on Monday night gutted a girl’s dormitory at kabale Universal nursery and primary boarding school and left one pupil dead.
According to the Kigezi police spokesperson, the deceased as the fire caught the dormitory suffocated and was rushed to Kabale hospital where she died moments later.
Maate adds that pupils’ properties worth millions of shillings have been destroyed.
The deceased has been identified as Arinda Aldrine of primary seven who is said to have been sickly and was sleeping by the time the incident happened.
It was at around 7:30 pm when they were taking supper and saw smoke which started from the garage used as store on the girls dormitory.
Police quickly responded and extinguished it before it spread to other buildings.
Inquiries to establish the cause underway.
Do you have a story in your community or an opinion to share with us: Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org