By Najibu Mulema
Frank Tumwebaze is the current cabinet Minister for Information Technology and Communications and he is known for his solid confidence, bravely and a man who doesn’t beat around the bush and many refer to him as super minister due to his nature.
1) Frank Kagyigyi Tumwebaze was born in Kamwenge District on 1 December 1975 to Matayo Kagyigyi and Beatrice Kagyigyi. He is the fifth-born in a family of seven children.
2) He attended Jinja College for his A-Level education. In 1999, he received a Bachelor of Science in education from Mbarara University of Science and Technology. He also holds a Masters in International and Diplomatic Studies, obtained in 2005 from Makerere University, the oldest university in Uganda.
3) In 2000 to 2001, Tumwebaze served as a customs officer with the Uganda Revenue Authority. In 2001, he was appointed deputy resident district commissioner and was posted to Iganga District, serving in that capacity until 2003. He was then brought into State House, where he served as a special presidential assistant for research and information from 2003 until 2005. In 2006, he entered elective politics by contesting the parliamentary constituency of Kibale County in Kamwenge District where he was elected on an NRM ticket. In 2011, he was re-elected.
He is the current MP for Kibale East.
4) On 15 August 2012, Tumwebaze was appointed Minister for presidency and minister for Kampala Capital City Authority (KCCA).He replaced Kabakumba Masiko, who resigned from government on 14 December 2011, following allegations of abuse of office, theft by taking, causing monetary loss to the government and conspiracy to defraud government and in June 2016, he was appointed minister for Information Technology and communications (ICT).
5) In 2014, he was pinned to be a corrupt leader after finding shs 10 billion on his Crane Bank Account which he failed to explain the source of that kind of money. He later refuted allegations saying he was being framed.
6) Tumwebaze is a married father of five children. He is of the Anglican faith and his wife is a lawyer by profession.
Do you have a story in your community or an opinion to share with us: Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org